Salesforce announces enhancements to Digital 360
At Salesforce Connections today, enhancements were announced to Digital 360, the platform which supports Salesforce Marketing, Commerce and Experience Clouds.
Product announcements. Among the highlights:
- Within Salesforce CDP, Interaction Studio will track cross-channel customer activity and use Einstein AI to send a relevant message, product offer or content recommendation in real time. Loyalty Management will provide real time updates on membership status, loyalty tier and points balance.
- Within Marketing Cloud, Datorama will power new email, mobile and journey reports to support campaign optimization.
- Snapchat Audience Match will allow the creation of targeted Snapchat audiences within Marketing Cloud.
- A new WhatsApp integration will allow direct communication with customers on the channel.
- Commerce Cloud will integrate with Salesforce CDP out of the box.
- A new B2B2C Commerce app provides a no code environment in which B2B companies will be able quickly to launch D2C ecommerce storefronts.
Education. Salesforce also announced a one-stop destination in Trailhead, the online education hub, for marketers to develop their career paths. The products noted above are immediately available, with the exception of Snapchat Audience Match and the B2B2C app, which are expected to be available in June.
Why we care. Dreamforce might be the marquee event, but it’s at Connections that details of the product roadmap are more clearly laid out. What we see is continued emphasis on the CDP initiative, where Salesforce had lagged behind its most obvious competitors, plus a widening range of engagement with conversational channels.