Lotame’s Panorama ID wins more industry support

In the race to offer alternative identifiers for the post-cookie environment, data solutions vendor Lotame has added digital advertising platforms MediaMath and PubMatic to its Panorama ID ecosystem which now includes more than 17 partners.

For PubMatic, Lotame will be an official ID provider in PubMatic Identity Hub, and a scaled data provider in PubMatic Audience Encore. Lotame has made its Panorama ID available in the MediaMath identity marketplace.

Differentiating Panorma ID. We asked Lotame how its Panorama solution is differentiated from other high-profile identifiers like Unified ID 2.0, developed by The Trade Desk, and LiveRamp’s Authenticated Traffic Solution.

Pierre Diennet, Lotame’s VP of Product Management, told us: “Unified ID 2.0 proposes a universal sign-on to the Internet. Similar to LiveRamp’s authenticated approach of identity solutions reliant on only email as an input, we believe consumer adoption will hover around 20%. That leaves out 80% of the unauthenticated, open web.”

Diennet doubts that marketers will be satisfied by the scale of login and email-based audiences. “Unlike these deterministic solutions, Lotame Panorama ID requires no authentication, meaning no consumer login or email passed.”

This is MarTech.
This is our mission.

A probabilistic solution. If Panorama ID is not based on determinstic first-party data — like logins — how does it work? “Lotame Panorama ID is powered by our patented graphing technology,” said Diennet. “That master graph connects all types of device identifiers (desktop, mobile, CTV) and customer-specific IDs, and the behaviors attached to them, such as auto intender, baseball enthusiast, dog lover, into a single ID.”

In other words, it probabilistically combines identifiers with behaviors. “It’s an extension of our data connectivity solutions,” Diennet continued, “and importantly, enables marketers and media owners to use first-, second- and third-party data for audience matching, targeting, etc.”

Why we care. Identity solutions are proliferating with almost bewildering speed, and it’s important to try to track the differences. The pitch of Unified ID 2.0, among others, is that deterministic first-party data will come to replace cookies, and publishers need to find imaginative value exchanges to persuade users to give up uniquely identifying information like a login or email (or in Asia, more frequently a phone number). A focus on collecting first-party data, it’s hoped, will grow the 20% known audience segment Diennet referred to.

Lotame is betting that won’t be enough, and with Panorama ID is adding probabilistic data back into the mix. Essentially, it’s a way of tracking behavior using a variety of signals, but not, of course, cookies. “Lotame understands that there will be many identity solutions that power digital advertising, which is why we’re working to be interoperable with all in order to give our clients the best possible coverage,” said Diennet. “No one solution will satisfy all needs.”

The post Lotame’s Panorama ID wins more industry support appeared first on MarTech.

Source: http://feeds.marketingland.com/marketingday

About the Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Related Posts

New Order

Welcome to az-emarketing.com

Glad to have you at az-emarketing.com
Welcome to Our Store
WooChatIcon 0